Saturday 10 August 2013

Celebrating 开斋节 / Kāi zhāi jié

I did a google search and found that Hari Raya Aidilfitri (as known in Malaysia) or the Feast of Breaking the Fast to mark the end of the month of Ramadan goes by various names around the world, including: Arabic - عيد الفطر Eid Al-Fitr; Albanian - Fitër Bajrami, Bajrami i madh ("Greater Feast"); Azerbaijan - Ramazan Bayramı, Orucluq Bayramı; Bengali - রোজার ঈদ / Ruzar Eid; Bosnian - Ramazanski bajram ("Ramadan Feast");Bulgarian - Рамазан Байрам / Ramazan Bayram; Chinese - 开斋节 / Kāi zhāi jié; Croatian - Ramazanski bajram ("Ramadan Feast"); Filipino - Wakas ng Ramadan, German - Ramadanfest, Zuckerfest (Ramadan Feast, Sugar Feast); Kazakh - Ораза айт / Oraza ait; Kyrgyz - Orozo Mayram, etc etc.

Anyway, I had a good Hari Raya Aidilfitri this year, with many visitors, some expected, some surprises. Nice, I like visitors!
My new souvernirs corner, put together with
old things I found around in my boxes and in
my late father's house. 


My garden, all spruced up to welcome my guests
My sis and brother-in-law very much amused by
 Mr.Teo's tales of yonder years!
Nursham who is a grand aunty to my children
from their father's side of the family  
Norishah's family
Daniel the evergreen!
My son Farouk surrounded by his nephews and nieces 
With Ivy, Mrs Teo and my sis


Annie, my new friend who lives a few roads away,
with her beautiful daughters   
My dear old friends from my EPU days



My old neighbours from Shah Alam, the Teos
and Chan
My Children's uncle (in white shirt) and family, a surprise visit


No comments: