Thursday 8 January 2015

Life is too short to be preoccupied with the past

A friend whom I have not met or talked to at all for the past 10 years contacted me out of the blues.  I realized half way through our conversation that other than catching up on old times, she really needed somebody to talk to and probably she thought of me because I had a similar experience.  So I did lent her an ear.  It was a one-way conversation but I was patient.  At the end of the 2 hour telephone call she requested a time to meet and we have a date.  She asked me to read her blog which she started to write 8 years ago to know how she feels.  Every blog entry was so intense and after reading only a few entries, I was exhausted. I realize that for the past 8 years  she had been writing only about "the betrayal"and the many dimensions of her emotional experiences related to it.  

I could say that the intensity of my life experiences had not been any less than hers.  Fortunately for me the ache and sadness that used to hit me and stopped me in my tacks every now and then, had long since disappeared.  Maybe it has become of little significance to me.  I hope she would let the past be buried down deep in the abyss of history and not let it affect her emotions anymore.  Life is too short for us to be preoccupied with the past.




 

No comments: