Tuesday 16 April 2013

Appreciating the peace of mind that I have

For almost a year now I had been lending my ears to a friend who sometimes tell me that she is suffering from physical and emotional abuse at home. According to her he would call her fat and ugly and sometimes he would suddenly get up from his sleep to batter her up in the night. However at other times she would talk to me as though she is in a very loving relationship.   Recently she showed me blue-black bruises on her neck and arm and cried that he was trying to strangle her .  But the very next day she came to me and repeated several times how lucky she was to have a husband who earns a lot of money, is very dependent on her for his daily needs and showers her with expensive gifts and holidays overseas. 

It was really confusing to me.  I really do not know whether I should help her and if I do want to help her, I would not know how to do so.  I feel she is in some kind of trouble and should at least pay a visit to a doctor but I had not dared to suggest. 

While I can't help sometimes worrying for her, it made me appreciate a little bit more, the peace of mind that I have.





No comments: