Friday 17 May 2013

May the spirit of Mother's Day expand to every day of the year!

My children treated me to a nice restaurant on Mother's Day.  The fancy restaurant was full to the brim and we had to wait quite a while for a table.  When at last we sat down they had ran out of pizza dough!

While waiting for our food, I looked around.  Everyone in the restaurant seemed to be making their mothers quite happy.  No doubt it is a nice gesture and I am so happy my children took the trouble to show me thier appreciation.

But I was thinking. Treating Mother as Queen for a day is nice, but making sure we treat Mother with respect, love and consideration everyday of the year may be harder. Mothers rank among the most taken for granted in our society. It's not enough to to be nice to the Mother for only one day in a year. I wish the spirit of Mother's Day would expand to every day of the year!






No comments: