Tuesday 17 March 2015

How Old Is Old Age?

I just came across an article entitled  How old is old age?

I reproduce here some  of the readers' interesting comments to the article.

"It’s all a matter of how people take care of themselves and how much they continue to be engaged in living".

"Consider yourself old when you accept senior citizen discounts, eat dinner by six o’clock, doze off in the presence of others, have a personal relationship with a pharmacist, deal with bladder control, prostate or cataract issues, and the hair in your ears and nose is growing faster than the hair on your head."

"I am almost 72, but could pass for 55. I am still a natural brunette, and play golf/and/or tennis daily,. I’m fairly competitive in both. Joined a downhill ski racing team when I retired at 55, and raced 5 years , till I moved to FL. I honestly feel healthier and happier now than when I was 40! I think getting out and doing something active daily helps a lot! Also learning new things, keeping socially active, doing volunteer work, challenging your brain– (sudoku anyone?), etc. A positive attitude helps a lot, too!"

"I believe that old age should be defined by how a person is feeling, not by the age. If a person takes care of their body and continues to be active and alive they could be well into their 90s before they are feeling their actual age."

"Why worry about age if we can kick the bucket at any moment?
Just live your life and stop worrying about age!"





How old is old age?What do you think?

No comments: