Monday 9 March 2015

Joining in the February festivities

When my computer broke down 2 weeks ago I was quite  literally in a panic mode.  No, I am not a computer addict.  It is just that all my data are stored in it and losing those information would pose some inconvenience.  Fortunately, I got it back today with all the data intact, albeit poorer by several hundred dollars.  That explains too why  I had not made any entry to this blog for a while.

Clock wise from top left:  Tossing the YeeSang at our CNY Eve dinner in Penang;
the 4 of us at the dinner table;
Farouk, his wife and Fedelia couldn't resist s photo snap with the "Prosperity God";
another pic of the 5 of us at the dinner table
All posing as soldiers at the entrance to the Penang War Museum 
Well, 19 and 20 February was Chinese New Year.  Our family decided to join in  the holiday fun by taking a short trip.  Quite unforgettable was the hotel in Penang  which easily has one of the best breakfast spreads.

I took  these pictures of the breath-taking sunset as seen from
the hotel beach
Another unforgettable event was our short stopover in Parit Buntar, a little town in Perak where I spent my childhood years 50 years ago!  Sadly the charming little town had been cannibalized by development, with only a few of the old landmarks remaining.

The Hotel celebrated the CNY by having the lion dance and all
the guests joined in the fun 


   
Activities at the Hotel beach and garden

At the eerie Penang War Museum


Clock wise from top left
The river separating Parit Buntar and Bandar Bahru; the Parit Buntar town;
the house I used to stay in;
the Parit Buntar clock Tower which is one of the landmarks left intact

Clockwise from top left:
My old school,the Methodist Secondary School which was built in 1907;
The row of old shops facing the river (one of the shops was my Chinese Primary School;
The Clock  tower; A shop lot that looks like my old Primary School  

No comments: